Did you have any thoughts about your labor and delivery? Did you wonder about anything before it or during it?
We’re heading into the short-term time frame before our RCS. We have a date on the calendar for it, but I haven’t shared it with many, as I felt I shared too much last time we were going through the waiting-labor-delivery-postpartum time. This time, my heart says to cocoon, but I know sometimes sharing is best.
I’ve had a long time to think and wonder about this RCS. It started at my six-week postpartum visit with Susanna when I asked our OB about the likelihood of a VBAC. He told me my best hope would be to wait two years and to have a baby who weighed under seven pounds. We’re about at the two year mark, and I have no idea of the weight of E.
What I do have ideas about are the thoughts in my head and heart related to this RCS. They sound a little like this…
- I’m incredibly thankful to have a skilled OB whom I trust. (A different one than with Susanna, whom I also trusted, as we’ve moved.)
- I wonder how my body will respond to a spinal versus the epidural.
- Is my desire to be back swimming by mid-March realistic?
- I know I’m to take six-to-eight weeks off of rest, and I’m fine with that. However, I’d like to do some gentle postpartum yoga when my body feels best..even before that time frame. We’ll see…
- For how long will I be in the hospital? I’m accepting of what is best, and would like to return home to my S-crew as soon as possible.
- Will we take E out for a clam dig shortly after we’re discharged? (It’s a clamming week/weekend here…)
- I’ve done less core work this pregnancy. How will that impact things?
- Rather, how will my swimming benefit me in the recovery process? (It still amazes me that the swims are as long as they are this late in the pregnancy.)
- Will I be able to contain Susanna’s energy when she visits during visiting hours?
- What will it be like to not snuggle Susanna to sleep for a few nights?
- What music (if any?) will be playing in the OR? (We had Christmas carols for Susanna’s birth thanks to Doreen the tech at McKay-Dee in Ogden.)
- How fast will I enter recovery? How soon after will Susanna arrive?
- What will the first pictures of Scott’s “girls” look like?
- Will I be able to play with photos and backgrounds of E as I hope?
Yes, so many thoughts. So much anticipation, but calm. So much faith that all will be just as it needs to be.
Were your thoughts calm or chaotic as you lead up to delivering your child(ren)? Do any of the shared thoughts resemble yours at any point?