For what are you grateful at this moment? For what are you-were you grateful while being pregnant?
Being grateful shifts one’s perspective and life. It can make anything better, and transform situations.
As we journey further into this pregnancy, I’m stopping to share moments of gratitude that I experienced while pregnant with Susanna and some from this pregnancy. I hope you’ll share some of your own, so we can all appreciate the beauty of life and gratitude.
- Moving at 20 weeks with Susanna. Scott and I were able to grow closer during that trek from Virginia to Utah. We met with family members along the way, saw sights that neither of us had seen, and revisited old spots, too. It was the last time we’d ever make the trek with a 17-foot U-Haul and an auto transport. Oh, sweet move…
- Working from home with this one. While I completely appreciated the stability of my middle school teaching job, the flexibility of working from home this time has been a huge gift!
- A phenomenal OB recommendation in Utah. Scott’s niece gave birth three weeks before I did and she shared her OB practice with me. I’m forever thankful to her, as it was the best group for me-us!
- Beach and park walks with this baby. When the rain isn’t pouring, we’re walking with Susanna to the beach and/or park to play and swing. They’re amazing moments that make us all happy and keep us moving.
- Susanna’s kissing her future sibling. She knows that the sibling is “deep down inside” and to be gentle with him. Her kindness towards him already makes me melt and I love it! (Thank you, sweet girl!)
- Breaking free of old ideas with Susanna. This goes back to the work-life reality. It was completely scary, but totally liberating to shift how we worked. I’m thankful we did, for the foundation laid for this pregnancy is incredible!
- The old gnarly rocking chair in my classroom. With Susanna, I could barely keep my eyes open after teaching four classes, so I’d curl up in an old rocking chair under a blanket and nap during lunch. I loved that rocking chair!
- Our greenhouse now. It’s a constant reminder of growing beauty, of nourishing life, of patience, of care, and of love. We all adore playing there, and sometimes I have a moment to rest while sitting on a driftwood stool there.
Won’t you share with us your moments of gratitude at any point in your life or day… Thank you!