Does your job offer hidden or unwritten perks? Do you have any special places in your home that make you smile?
After last week’s moment of understanding, I decided to embrace our life and our choices a bit more. I also thought it might be fun to share some of the hidden perks of working from home (versus looking back and questioning everything and focusing on the challenges).
- Time to run out to the store in the middle of the day for a needed ingredient for a being-made-right-now meal.
- Staying up late in order to help our little girl fall asleep (versus being tired and having a more conformed schedule).
- Being able to listen to Scott when he’s sharing an ideas (versus wishing I was there to listen).
- Swimming in the mornings.
- Writing with my feet up on the coffee table, a blanket on my legs, and a yoga block under my computer. (It’s not your standard desk or work space, but it’s perfect for me!)
- Easy access to bathrooms.
- Walking away from work for a few minutes to water plants in the greenhouse and watch Susanna play in her sandbox there.
- Texting friends at any given time (which was not happening in a classroom).
- Taking spontaneous trips, as they are part of our work.
- Beach walks.
- Researching recipes whenever there’s a moment and I’m inspired.
- Cleaning an area of the house at any given moment.
- Trusting the process of our lives.
- Seeing our dedication move our lives in ways that make us happy and our family flourish.
- Mother-Daughter time while Scott runs to-on-from the beach during the day.
- Collaborating with people with whom I wouldn’t have previously.
- Impromptu trips across the state to help family members in need, because we can pack and go in a moment’s notice.
So now it’s your turn.
What are the perks of your life? Do you ever view things in a “this versus that” manner?